A report earlier this week said that Apple might launch the iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus in August rather than September, and it looks like an insider with an accurate track record when predicting Apple’s unannounced plans is now suggesting a similar scenario for this year’s iPhone launch.
According to China Post, KGI Securities analyst Ming Chi Kuo said that Apple will unveil the iPhone 6s family during an event in August rather than September, and it will launch the handsets a month after their official announcement.
The new iPhone family will include just two models, a 4.7-inch iPhone 6s and a 5.5-inch iPhone 6s Plus, with Foxconn expected to secure up to 70% of orders. The iPhone 6s will account for 66% of Apple’s orders, with the phablet model accounting for the remaining 34%.
Kuo further said that the new iPhones will come with Force Touch support, the same new gesture that’s currently available on the Apple Watch and select MacBook models. Force Touch “can enrich user experience due to more input methods and support of handwritten signatures, which is beneficial for expanding the commercial market,” Kuo said.
The analyst also added that Foxconn, which is currently seeing better yield rates at assembling iPhones, might also be the only supplier chosen to mass-produce the 12.9-inch iPad Pro that’s supposed to launch in the fourth quarter this year.