Unless you’re a professional photographer or a hobbyist, chances are you probably use your phone camera for most of your photography needs. While that may have been absurd 10 years ago, cameras on mobile devices have undergone a significant improvement in recent years. Now they’re good enough for the majority of simple snapshots. In response to increased camera quality, developers have released a few camera mods to make cameras on Android devices better. Now, the Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 has a camera mod of its own.
The mod not only helps to improve the Galaxy Note camera experience by adding new features, but also helps by removing some features. Posted by XDA Forum Member jobnik, the mod features include:
1. “Unable to start camera while in a call” Alert Disabled
2. Camera “Low Battery” Alert Disabled
3. Camera Volume Up/Down as a shutter
4. Camera “Can’t use flash on low battery” Alert Disabled
5. Camera focus sound Disabled
6. Camcorder “Can’t use flash on low battery” Alert Disabled
7. Camcorder “Low Battery” Alert Disabled
8. Camcorder Better audio quality/video bitrate
9. Camera Power button as a shutter (The Power menu will popup as well, but it will take a picture, just wait until it vibrates.)
10. Camera Self-shot Volume buttons as a shutter
11. Camera “Action shot” shooting mode Volume buttons as a shutter
12. Camera “Panorama” shooting mode Volume buttons as a shutter
13. Camera icon taken from VK 5.1.2
There are some good things put it and a lot of annoying things—like all those alerts—taken out. This should yield a much better experience for Note users. Additionally, jobnik has posted the code changes that were made along with the mod so developers can see exactly what was done. If you do flash it and don’t like it, jobnik has also included a revert zip to change it back to the original camera.