Who doesn’t like great iPad apps? At iPad Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPad app, or a few great iPad apps, here each week.
Our picks for Best iPad App of the Week are published here every week. Check out all out picks below and you’ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite tablet.
This week’s pick is MLB.com at Bat. For fans of Americas favorite pastime, it doesn’t get any better than this–it’s even the official app of Major League Baseball!
There are so many reasons to enjoy MLB.com at Bat on your iPad that it’s hard to highlight just a few. The re-designed UI for the newsreader has been simplified to be better organized with les clutter. The scoreboard view gives you a quick and easy layout of all the games scheduled for any particular day. Free access still includes a ton of great material like breaking news, scores, standings, schedules, interactive rosters, player stats, and push notifications.
Just in time for the All-Star Game, you get complete coverage of the game from the Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati on July 14th, as well as the Home Run Derby on July 13th. Already a MLB.TV subscriber? You can watch a live video feed of the All-Star Game through participating FOX TV video subscribers. Before and after the Mid-Summer Classic Bat there are multiple subscription options available.
• Watch the MLB.TV Game of the Day or access your MLB.TV Premium subscription to watch every out-of-market game
• See key plays and pivotal moments from every game with Live Look-Ins (No blackout restrictions)
• Access to every decisive replay review video clip and explanation via Gameday
• Listen to Home, Away and Spanish-language (where available) radio broadcasts
• Multi-platform live audio access for At Bat Premium subscribers (portable to Mac/PC with a valid MLB.com account)
• Universal support for At Bat Premium subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
• Enhanced, Gameday pitch-by-pitch features, including realistic ballpark renderings from all 30 MLB parks
• Condensed Games
• Breaking news, schedules and interactive rosters and player stats for every team
• Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics
• Customize At Bat’s home screen to feature your designated favorite team (iPhone only)
• Video library archive, searchable by player, team or keyword (iPhone only)
• Classic games video archive featuring dozens of baseball’s legendary games
• Customizable push notifications for game start, game end, in-game video highlights, condensed game, lead changes, run-scoring plays, team and league news.
• Closed captioning for live video
Here’s an App Store link for MLB.com at Bat. Go ahead and download the app for free and start enjoying all the content that comes with it. Should you choose to upgrade or increase your coverage potential, there are various in-app purchase options as well. The basic paid subscriptions are very reasonable, too, for the ridiculous amount of content you have access to during the season.
Yearly recurring fee of $19.99.
Monthly recurring fee of $2.99.
MLB.TV Premium subscribers receive At Bat premium features for free.