Who doesn’t like great iPad apps? At iPad Insight we definitely do. With that in mind, we offer up a quick review of an excellent iPad app, or a few great iPad apps, here each week.
Our picks for Best iPad App of the Week are published here every week. Check out all out picks below and you’ll soon have a collection of stellar apps for your favorite tablet.
This week’s pick is MLB.com At Bat by MLB.com. This is one of those apps for all the die-hard baseball fans out there. October ushers in the most exciting time of year for baseball-the playoffs! Whether you’re a die-hard Cubs fan (like me) hoping to finally see them break the curse, or you just can’t get enough baseball and want to follow the playoffs in all their entirety, MLB.com at Bat is the app for you.
Baseball fans love stats, and MLB.com At Bat does not disappoint. Now you can follow and digest every detail about your favorite team(s) as well as watch video, keep up with day-to-day news, box scores and summaries of all the big plays.
In 2016 MLB.com introduced
Portrait and Landscape orientations
Multitasking split view to keep At Bat open,
Picture-in-Picture streaming for live video and highlights
App redesign includes Videos, Sortable Stats and more
Additional MLB.com At Bat features include
– See key plays and pivotal moments from every game with Live Look-Ins (No blackout restrictions)
– Access to every decisive replay review video clip and explanation via Gameday (At Bat Premium subscription required)
– Universal support for At Bat Premium subscribers, accessible on iPhone, iPad and other supported smartphones and tablets
– Enhanced, Gameday pitch-by-pitch features, including realistic ballpark renderings from all 30 MLB parks (At Bat Premium subscription required)
– Watch Condensed Games (At Bat Premium subscription required)
– Breaking news, schedules, interactive rosters and player stats for every team
– Sortable batting, pitching and fielding statistics
– Classic games video archive featuring dozens of baseball’s legendary games (At Bat Premium subscription required)
Here’s an App Store link for MLB.com At Bat. Compatible with iOS 8.0 or later, MLB.com for iOS is an universal app that works with iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch. It is a free app for the basic “Lite” features and stats. However, you can subscribe to At Bat Premium to follow your team of choice for a monthly charge of $2.99, or a one-time yearly cost of $19.99. In addition, you can choose from various other in-app purchases options, like At Bat Premium and watch every playoff game, even if they are out of your market area for $24.99.