Kids who struggle with spelling and vocabulary can get a painless learning boost from these fun word game apps. Note that some are rated ‘guidance suggested’ only due to internet connectivity options or the availability of in-app purchases, not due to any mature content or strong language.
Welcome to a Spelling Master, a new educational game for all ages that will improve your English spelling skills in an entertaining and challenging way! The game is 100% free and does not contain any In-App purchases.
Spelling Master contains 6 different spelling games and highscores gameplay, so don’t forget to submit your score at the end of the game to see who is the true Spelling Master! Go for highscores!
– One word 2 forms – 2 forms of one word to be shown, choose the correct one!
– Find Misspelled – out of 4 words (3 correct + 1 incorrect) choose the misspelled one!
– Find Correct – out of 4 words (3 misspelled + 1 correct) choose the correct one!
– Which Letter.. – remember a word on screen and then type a letter that lies on position X..!
– Decide – decide if the word on screen is correct or incorrect!
– Decide & Correct – decide if the word on screen is correct or incorrect and if incorrect choose the correct form!
Like Word Games? Think you’ve got what it takes to decipher Word Puzzles? Then get ready to be Wuzzled!
Each Wuzzle or rebus puzzle is a picture riddle that has a hidden meaning. The pic is a cryptogram that could mean a catch phrase, a common saying or a compound word.
Your mission is to think out of the box and guess what the wuzzle could mean. This charades style trivia game is based on the logic of the way the words are arranged. Wuzzles could be better compared to scrabble and charades. Challenge yourself to these mind-bending, brain teasing Wuzzles, test your IQ level and unleash the word genius in you!
10 amazing levels of word pun fun that will keep you hooked for hours and guess what? It’s absolutely FREE! Can’t figure out a tough Wuzzle? Take your pick from three helpful lifelines:
1. Remove a letter: Removes extra letters that are not in the answer
2. Reveal a letter: Reveals a letter from the answer
3. Reveal Answer: Use this when you just can’t figure out the answer – we hope you don’t have to but it’s there – just in case!
Still stuck? Don’t worry, you can ask your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for help or get more random ideas for words by simply shuffling around the letters with the “Shuffle” feature.
*Parents’ Choice Silver Award Winner!*
It’s Phonics Fair time! In this app from the hit PBS KIDS preschool series SUPER WHY, kids ages 3-6 celebrate as they learn reading, word-building and phonics skills through classic carnival-themed games.
• 5 interactive literacy games designed for phonics practice
• 30 key word families that are needed to learn to read are featured in each game (such as the –ALL word family, with words like “ball,” “tall,” “wall”).
• Over 130 stickers that kids can earn and decorate within the Phonics Fair Prize Booth
• 8 phonics-themed SUPER WHY music videos
• Parent tools, including a Progress Tracker and device notifications that allow you to follow your child’s progress with each word family
• An advanced level of 30 additional word families is available for parents to purchase. Parents can challenge their young Super Readers when they’re ready to progress to more complex word families without having to download a new app. The advanced level includes Level 2 word families, such as “AKE” and “OOK” words, an expanded progress tracker and additional rewards and stickers.