Kids-Zone is a simple app that provides kids with videos and songs that will keep them occupied for hours. This universal app plays in both portrait and landscape mode and is simple to operate. After looking at the app, I would say the videos are geared for pre-k to 3rd/4th grade kids.
When you first launch the app, you will be presented with videos you can watch right away. At the bottom of the screen, there are 3 menu items: Cartoon, Songs, and Downloads.
In the first two section, kids can find a video or song via a colorful letters of the alphabet, assuming they know the name and can spell. With all of the videos and songs, they can be downloaded and played later.
Most videos and songs are about 5 minutes long and you of course will need Internet access to initially access them.
Overall is this a cute app but as a parent I have quite a few questions and things I would like to see improved with the app.
1. There are no parental controls on the app or directions.
2. Who chose these apps? On the app store page, they say their team. Well if you go to the support webpage there is no information about the company behind the app.
3. There is no listing or way to search for videos.
4. I do not recognize any of the videos and a found a few that were not in English.
5. How many videos are there? Will new ones be added?
As I said, this is not a bad app but definitely has room for improvement.