If you bought this book in hardcopy (paperback or hardcover) from Amazon, you can now get the Kindle version for $2.99 or less through MatchBook!
Today Amazon announced its new Kindle MatchBook service, which offers discounted (to $2.99 or less) Kindle editions of hard copy books you’ve previously bought from Amazon. Note that only the titles publishers have decided to enroll in Kindle MatchBook are eligible for this new service; so far that’s over 70,000 titles, and Amazon is actively working to add more every day. From Amazon’s press release:
SEATTLE— October 29, 2013—(NASDAQ: AMZN)—Today, Amazon launched Kindle MatchBook, a new benefit that gives customers the option to buy—for $2.99, $1.99, $0.99, or free—the Kindle edition of print books they have purchased new from Amazon. Over 70,000 books are enrolled in Kindle MatchBook, with more being added every day. Now customers can visit www.amazon.com/kindlematchbook to see all of their print books that are eligible for the Kindle MatchBook edition. Customers can also see when a book is eligible for Kindle MatchBook on the book’s detail page.
The program was announced on September 3 with over 10,000 titles. Since then, thousands of popular books like Heaven is for Real, The Things They Carried and The Way of Kings have been added from major publishers such as HarperCollins, Macmillan, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Amazon Publishing, Wiley, Chronicle Books, and Marvel, as well as thousands of titles from Kindle Direct Publishing authors like The Walk by Lee Goldberg and Falling Into You by Jasinda Wilder.
“It’s been great to see the positive response to Kindle MatchBook from both readers and publishers,” said Russ Grandinetti, Vice President, Kindle Content. “MatchBook enrollment has grown from 10,000 to 70,000 titles in just a few weeks and we expect it will keep expanding rapidly in the months ahead.”
Kindle MatchBook features include:
· Kindle editions at a great price: Amazon customers who purchase or have purchased qualifying print books can get the Kindle edition for prices that are $2.99, $1.99, $0.99, or free.
· For book purchases dating back to 1995: Print purchases all the way back to 1995—when Amazon first opened its online bookstore—will qualify once a publisher enrolls a title in Kindle MatchBook.
· Easy discovery: Readers can easily look up their entire print book order history to discover which of their past purchases are enrolled in Kindle MatchBook.
· Popular Kindle-only features: As with regular purchases, Kindle MatchBook titles have unique features such as Whispersync, Popular Highlights and X-Ray.
· Read anywhere capabilities: In addition to Amazon’s best-selling Kindle devices, customers can download a free Kindle reading app for iPhone, iPad, Android tablets and phones, PC or Mac and start building their Kindle library today.