Released by Barnstorm Games, Countdown is a new puzzler that's now out for Android, and is based on the long running game show from the UK. In this game, players are looking to solve word and number games. Countdown is comprised of 3 phases: making the longest word possible from a string of random letters, using a string of random numbers to mathematically equate an additional and unrelated random number, and the Conundrum, which is where the players compete to be solve an anagram that's nine letters long.
Each challenge is played to see who can do the best in a fixed amount of time, and each of the puzzles are worth points as well, in order to see who comes out on top. Since the game randomizes the challenges to begin with, it allows a nearly infinite number of challenges and different gameplay each time you play Countdown. The game also includes a quick play mode, and also supports a simultaneous two player mode.
· Enjoy the full Countdown experience
· Compete in all three disciplines: Ten letters rounds, Four numbers rounds, The Conundrum
· Features the Oxford Dictionary of English
· Play against the CPU (Easy, Normal, Hard or Expert)
· Brand new VS mode for 2 players (on the same device)
· Brand new quick play mode
· Achievements and Leaderboards
· An almost infinite number of randomized challenges
· Detailed player statistics
Countdown is currently available from Google Play for £1.49, and seems to be geo-locked to the UK as I'm told be Google Play that is unavailable in my country. We don't know at this time of it's a soft launch, it will remain locked. You can see an episode of Countdown in the video below.