The Motorola DROID 4 is set to receive an update, soon, as an official change log has been posted over at Verizon’s site. It’s a minor upgrade that brings improved battery life, the MotoCast widget, improved device performance, fixes for the display locking up, and more. The build is 6.2.319, and while an official rollout has not yet commenced, you’ll be pleased to know that a signed update file has already been made available. Courtesy of Droid-Life, the 18MB file can be downloaded here and applied in the following way:
*No root required.
*We have been told that Voodoo Rootkeeper will keep root and that other root methods work as well.
1. Download the file to your SD card.
2. Turn phone off.
3. Press both Volume keys and Power at the same time to get to the bootloader menu.
4. Scroll down to "Recovery" and press Volume Up to select it.
5. When the Android and exclamation mark appear, press both Volumes at the same time.
6. Scroll down to "apply update from sdcard" and select it with Power.
7. Scroll down to "Blur_Version.6.13.215.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip" and select it.
8. Watch the update install. Reboot when it finishes and enjoy!