Here are some tips and a bunch of tricks for your all-new Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD
Verizon's Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD is a beast of a smartphone. With and a 4.7-inch HD screen and a 3,300 mAh battery, the RAZR MAXX leaves little to be desired. The RAZR MAXX HD even comes powered by Android 4.1.
Now Android 4.1 provides a fantastic, complete experience from the get go, but we want to show you 30 tips and tricks to get the most out of your RAZR MAXX HD. After taking a look at our list you'll turn into a smartphone pro.
For the full break-down and all our tips and tricks, read on for more. This list will have you rocking and rolling in no time.
1. How to factory reset: Learning how to reset your Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD is something you really should know. Hopefully, you won't ever have to do it, but just in case you should definitely know how. To hard reset your RAZR MAXX HD go to Settings, tap Privacy, then hit Factory Data Reset. Next selet Reset phone, then Erase everything. Your RAZR MAXX HD should now reset.
2. Take a screenshot: Snapping a screenshot is easy on the Motorola RAZR MAXX HD. Hold down the power button and volume down rocker for about two seconds. The screen will flash and the screenshot will be saved to your gallery app. To see more check out this guide.
3.Multitask: To multitask on your RAZR MAXX HD, hold down the software button with the square on it. It should be farthest to the right. This should bring up several windows, which represent apps. To close any of the apps, swipe the window away.
4. Data limits: The RAZR MAXX HD is a killer handset, great for surfing, but don't forget you have a data cap. To set up limit notifications, go into Settings, tap Data usage and then check the box which says "Set mobile data limit." Here you have full control over your data.
5. Switching on Wi-Fi Direct: Wi-Fi Direct lets you send pictures, images, and really any file to to other Wi-Fi Direct devices without Wi-Fi. The feature is really pretty awesome. To turn on Wi-Fi direct on the RAZR MAXX HD go into Settings, more Settings, scroll down to the Wi-Fi Direct column and then slide it on.
6. Android Beam: The RAZR MAXX HD is an NFC-enable smartphone that lets you quickly transfer content to other NFC Android devices with Android Beam. To turn on NFC, go into Settings, more Settings and then tap Android Beam. You'll be given instructions on how to use it and it will be active once you slide it to on.
7. Switching your ringtone:If you're a bit bored with your default ringtone on the RAZR MAXX HD, this tip is for you. To change your ringtone, tap Settings, Sound, then Phone ringtone. Scroll to the ringtone you want and tap Ok. That's it.
8. Setting up Microsoft Exchange e-mail:Microsoft Exchange is an email client that is sold by Microsoft. It is mainly used by companies and businesses, and can be configured to work on the RAZR MAXX HD with ease. Read our guide for more!
9. Adding widgets to your home screen:While adding widgets hasn't always been easy, with Android 4.1 users are now able to add them quickly. To add widgets to your RAZR MAXX HD home screen, follow this guide.
10. Turning on Wi-Fi: Wi-Fi is one of those things you just have to have in this day in age. It can speed up downloads and maybe even save you money. To turn on Wi-Fi on your DROID RAZR MAXX, head to Settings, Wi-Fi, then turn the Wi-Fi switch to on. You will now be able to search for and log-in to your favorite network.
11. Easy setting access:To easily access the settings on your RAZR MAXX HD simply swipe to the left home screen and you'll be able to adjust your ringtone, WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, and data connection. All it takes is a gesture. It's easy and fast.
12. Activating Google Now: If you like Google, you'll love Google Now. To activate it, hold the bottom Home button and then slide your finger to the top of the circle toward the Google logo. You can also access it from the lock screen.
13. Download Facebook: Facebook is one of the best Android apps out there and for many people it's a necessity. To download Facebook for Android on your RAZR MAXX HD, head to Google Play, tap the search icon, and type Facebook. Once it pops up, tap on it and you'll be brought to a landing page. Here you can install Facebook. After hitting install, the app will download and install automatically.
14. Download Twitter: Like Facebook, Twitter is also a necessity for many people out there. To download the official Twitter app on your MAXX HD, head to Google Play, tap the search icon, and type Twitter. Tap on the app once it pops up and then you can install it.
15. Download Instagram: Like Facebook and Twitter, Instagram is also a must-have these days. To download the Instagram app on your MAXX HD, head to Google Play, tap the search icon, and type Instagram. Tap on the app once it pops up and then you can install it.
16. Share photos: Sharing photos and images is one of the best parts of owning a smartphone. To share photos to almost any app on your RAZR MAXX, go to the gallery, long press on a photo, then tap the share button. A list of apps will now populate. Choose the app you want to share to and the image will automatically upload.
17. Select a screen lock: Put a screen lock on your DROID RAZR MAXX by going to Settings and then tapping on Security. Tap Screen Lock and you'll then have the option to put in Swipe, Number unlock, Face unlock, or Pattern. In my opinion, the number-based unlock is the best.
18. Customizing the lock screen: To customize your lock screen, go into Settings, tap on Security, then tap on Lock screen options. From here, you'll be able to set up Shortcuts.
19. Encryption: If you need high-level security, you need to check out the RAZR MAXX HD's encryption feature. To use it, go into Settings, tap on Security and then tap on either Encrypt device or Encrypt SD card. The feature works great and is awesome for those in the business world.
How to install apps
20. Install apps: The MAXX HD comes with a bunch of cool Google apps but you'll likely want more. To download others, open the Google Play Store app, click on an app you want to download and then hit the install button.
21. Install apps from your PC/MAC: You can install apps on your smartphone directly from your computer. Go to play.google.com when you're signed into your Google account, choose the app you want to download and click install. The app should install directly to your One VX over-the-air.
22. Drag an app to the home screen: To move an app to your home screen for easy access, open the app tray and simply hold down on an app icon for about two seconds. You'll then be able to drag it to the home screen easily.
23. Delete apps: Deleting apps is simple on the RAZR MAXX. Open the app tray and long press on the app you want to delete for two seconds. You will then be able to drag it to the waste basket on the bottom of the screen. After doing this click the uninstall icon.
Protecting your smartphone
24. Get a case: Cases are a big deal and protect your smartphone. To find a case for the RAZR MAXX HD, head here.
25. Protect that screen: For a phone like the RAZR MAXX HD, you're also going to want a good screen protector. Now I can tell you they are honestly hard to come by, but I always find mine here.
Make your battery last longer
26. Turn off networks: Networks and services for whatever reason seem to use a lot of juice, so make sure to switch them off to improve battery. Turning off the GPS and Bluetooth connectivity is big.
27. Adjust screen brightness: Another big reason for battery drain is screen brightness. For optimal battery, make sure to keep your MAXX HD screen at about 50 percent. Anything above that will really kill it.
28. Adjust widget syncing: Widgets are also power hogs on Android and thankfully, you can adjust them. Make sure to keep your widgets syncing every few hours and to turn push off. This will have your MAXX HD sipping juice.
29. Reduce background syncing: Another huge tip on battery is to set your various apps to manual syncing and switch off your background data to instantly extend your device's battery life. As someone who always strives for better battery, I am constantly adjusting syncing.
30. Rooting your device: Rooting your smartphone is never easy and the DROID RAZR MAXX HD is no exception. To root you RAZR MAXX HD, check out our guide here.