Bethesda Software has just released an update to its Android app, Fallout Shelter. If you are unfamiliar with the game, then check out the Fallout Shelter app review. Up to this point, your post-apocalyptic experience has been pretty basic: provide shelter, electricity, water, food, explore the wasteland and grow your population. Now that you have had time to master the basics, it’s time for some challenges.
One of the biggest updates is you can now test your dweller’s skills in the new survival mode, which will allow different enemies into your vault. You will also have the joy of saving in the cloud. This will automatically setup through your google drive, making it easy to access your vault across multiple devices. Just make sure to check the cloud box next to your vault number, for it to upload.
Other updates include Russian language support and sightings of a mystery character from time to time. Whether this is a character that you can unlock, or if he just appears from time to time is unclear. There are also some updates that are exclusive to the Apple app store only. This doesn’t come as a big surprise, considering the game was available from Apple first. Check out the detailed video below.
• New Vault-Tec network protocols are finally in place. Now you can save your Vault to the “cloud,” (no moisture condenser necessary!).
• Some Dwellers are reporting strange, some would even say mysterious, sightings in Vaults.
• Introducing Survival Mode! More danger, More glory. Make Vault-Tec proud!
• Support added for Russian-speaking Overseers.
• Continued general maintenance to the Vault simulation. Because when you speak, Vault-Tec listens!