We’re big believers in our products. The Nokia Lumia 1020 is hands-down the best cameraphone on the market.
And other websites, organisations and magazines seem to agree by honoring the Lumia 1020 with an award or two.
Here’s our pick of the mix that we’ve been honoured with over the last few months:
1. Starting with the award which we nominate as possessing the most exciting award-name, The Lumia 1020 snagged an Ultimate Award from Expert Reviews. The publication’s bottom line is that, “Simply stunning photos make the Lumia 1020 the ultimate cameraphone.
2. The Lumia 1020 picked up an Editor’s Choice award from UK telecoms provider BT. Hannah Bouckley writes that with this smartphone, “Nokia has created the best camera phone on the market.”
3. iSellMobile is a site for (as you’d guess) people who sell mobile phones. And what was the Phone of the Year for the people who get to try out every model on the market? The Nokia Lumia 1020, we’re very pleased to say. 4. The CES technology show isn’t till January, but the organisers have already picked out the cream of 2013 products for honours. The Nokia Lumia 1020 receives an Innovation Award in the digital imaging category. “With a 41 megapixel sensor and Nokia’s innovative PureView technology, the Lumia 1020 is able produce some of the sharpest images of any camera,” say the judges.
5. LAPTOP magazine’s Gamechangers awards saw the Lumia 1020 honoured in the camera category. Reviews editor Michael Prospero writes that the magazine, “found the 1020 took some of the best pictures ever from a smartphone.”
6. The Spanish Xataka awards gave a prize to the Lumia 1020 in its convergence category. There’s a translation here, but basically, if you buy the Lumia 1020, then you won’t be needing a compact camera any more.
7. In France, the Lumia 1020 won the reader’s choice award for ‘smartphone of the year’ from ‘Journal du Geek’.
8. In Germany, the Telecom Handel awards saw the Lumia 1020 crowned with its ‘Innovation Award 2013’. (Translation).
9. In Poland, the Lumia 1020 was greeted by GSM Mania as its Editor’s Choice, with one of the most comprehensive reviews we have seen of the smartphone. (Translation here).
10. Back in the UK, V3 gave a rundown of its top ten smartphones of the year. The Lumia 1020 sits, quite rightly, in the number one slot. News editor Dan Worth praised the camera, of course, but also picked out the phone’s other virtues: “The 1020′s wonderfully characterful design, crisp ClearBlack screen and host of useful custom Nokia apps also make it one of the most innovative phones released this year, winning our top 10 hands down.”
11. Let’s finish on a really big one. The Lumia 1020 just recently snagged the Stuff.tv Reader’s Gadget of the Year, based on a poll of readers and beating off competition from Google, Samsung, Apple, HTC and the rest.
Many thanks to the folks across the industry, and the readers who voted in polls, letting us earn these awards. We think the phone’s a winner, but it doesn’t stop us feeling extra-proud when others tell us so, as well.