Like its predecessor, the OnePlus 2 will be difficult to purchase. The company is once again utilizing an invite system. You will be required to get an invite from a friend who has purchased the device already or by participating in a contest/promotion hosted by OnePlus. Not exactly how you get the self-proclaimed “2016 flagship killer” into as many hands as possible. Today, OnePlus revealed a contest that will give twenty-two winners a OnePlus 2 at no cost.
The #WWYDFT2 contest offers ten challenges for entrants to choose one from. The challenges really range between simple to loud and proud:
1. Pimp your ride Drive around in your OnePlus themed car — show the world you Never Settle.
2. Project the OnePlus logo in a busy area in your city Silently show everyone what it means to Never Settle.
3. Organize a flash mob with at least 50 people The power of crowds! Grab your friends, your family, and everyone you know.
4. Create a OnePlus-themed dance and get 10 people to post videos of them doing the same Who doesn’t love an impromptu dance party!
5. Perform something awesome Do you have any hidden talents? Show it to us!
6. Write a poem or sing a song about why you deserve the OnePlus 2 and perform it in public For the creative ones. Sing your heart out!
7. Showcase your love for OnePlus in your social media profiles Not a performer? Make your entire social media profile OnePlus-themed.
8. Go run in the middle of a live performance or event while wearing a OnePlus t-shirt For the wild ones. Would you do it for the OnePlus 2?
9. Create an app for OnePlus fans and share with the community
Calling all coders! Show us something new to do, perhaps soon on your OnePlus 2.
10. Contribute to a local community project with your tech power Technology can help the world in all kinds of ways. Become a role model and show some thought leadership!
Upon completing one of those challenges and having video proof, you can complete an application on OnePlus’ site. The winners will then be announced on August 5.