The time has come when I cannot install a BlackBerry theme. With my 9650 sold and the 9930 missing the software, luck would have it that bbt Designs just finished up an all new full featured theme. POP is vibrant, fun and the kind of style RIM should have known was coming.
POP is compatible with BlackBerry 5.0 & 6.0 devices only. Curve 8900, 9300 & 9330 series, Storm 9500, 9520, 9530 & 9555 series, Tour 9630, Bold 9650, 9700, 9780, 9788 and Torch 9800 all waiting to be loved by you.
* Weather Slot
* Hideable Today Area with up to 8 items
* Clickable Banner Items
* Over 20 Apps accessible via the Home screen
* Folders with pop up animations
* Hidden App accessible via Spacebar (first slot)
* Custom, vibrant icons
Good to Know (Slot order and folders):
- SPACEBAR will open the 1st icon on your App Page.
- Weather Slot opens the 2nd icon on your App Page.
- The Favorites folder will show the 3rd through 7th icon on your App Page.
- On OS5 *only* the top two “Social” icons correspond to the 8th and 9th icons on your App Page.
- The Favorites folder opens Applications folder on Non-Touch only.
- Folders will open corresponding folders on Non-Touch only (Favorites – Applications, Media – Media, IM – IM, Social – a custom folder named “Social”)
I did just sell my Bold 9650. Yes it makes me sad to know I can’t use this theme yet. I know there’s a fair following of users that like to check out our real pov on new high quality products. And it RIM is really serious about letting the theme building industry dry up then I may grab a Pearl, Style or Torch to keep our support for these developers during the ridiculous stages. Hopefully this is all just a bad nightmare and RIM will push at least a beta Theme Studio for BlackBerry 7 users before the new year. So in all fairness we will only post the features and our thoughts on the look based on our experience with the developer’s themes.
bbt’s themes are an evolution of his own style, knowledge and willingness to push for more every time. He’s never made anything that users could say was in poor taste or didn’t function as it should. He’s sort of like Rakim is to Hip-Hop but to BlackBerry themes. He’s a legend. Themes that RIM should have built in to their devices. I think the only users who don’t/won’t enjoy a theme like this are more the type that prefers less style and more basic RIM icons.
$5.99 isn’t much to pay for a theme that took longer to make than most builders spend on 2-3 themes and sell for less. Let us know what you love, like, or dislike about this theme. We’d love to hear your experience!