Yahtzy has been around for a very long time but a digital version of the dice-based game as made the jump to Android and you won't be playing against AI opponents either. Instead you will be playing against other people thanks to the inclusion of online multiplayer.
For those of you not familiar with the game Yahtzy, basically the game consists of 13 rounds in which players roll a bunch of dice. Based on what is showing on those dice, you must choose one of the categories to place that roll into and you then earn the score associated with that particular category. Each category can only be used once though so you have to be selective when you pick them as when you near the end of the 13 rounds, if you roll the dice and it only fits in a category you've already used, then you earn zero points. The person with the most points at the end of the 13 rounds wins.
- classic dice game in a virtual multiplayer incarnation
- game financed only with ads - no in-app purchases!
- play in real time or take turns
- find players on Facebook, by email, contact list, username or using random mode!
- create an account and continue playing on a different device
- chat with other players
- complete Achievements and Daily Challenges
- climb the Leaderboards (montly / weekly / all-time)
- shake your device to throw dice - just like the real-life game!
This version of the game comes with cross-platform support, so you can play using your account across various devices at any given time. You also have the option to play in real-time or to take turns over the course of a longer period of time. Lastly, you can shake your device in order to throw your dice each time it is your turn.
Yahtzy Live, as this version is officially called, is available on Google Play for free and is ad supported 100% which means there are no IAPs at all.