Released by Obsidian Entertainment, Pathfinders Adventures is the virtual adaptation of a physical card game that was released in the last few years. For those unfamiliar with the original game, players will assume one of the roles typically found in fantasy, such as rogues, wizards, sorcerers, fighters, bards, et al.
Each of these classes have differing ranges within a given group of statistics that include the likes of Strength, Dexterity, Intelligence, and so on. How well a class can perform within a given stat is determined by the size of the dice, which can range from d4 at the low end, and up to d12 at the high end. The game also has cards that are used to assemble the character's deck, which also determines abilities, items etc. The story of the game speaks of adventure that begins in the small town of Sandpoint, located in an ancient land of Varisia, where evil is once again on the rise. Players will strive to defeat this evil, and banish the evil goblins and murderous cultists that plague the land.
Pathfinders Adventures Features:
• Explore the towns, cities, dungeons and landscapes of the Rise of the Runelords campaign, including the fiercely-independent Sandpoint and the goblin-infested isle of Thistletop.
• Every locale has been transformed from a card image to beautifully enhanced and animated backdrops.
• Reactive cut scenes featuring Pathfinder's iconic characters.
• An interactive tutorial ensures the game is easy to learn for new adventurers and veterans of the Pathfinder universe alike.
• No physical card game set-up required. Pathfinder Adventures gets players straight into the action.
• Multiple adventure profiles so that players can experience the campaign using every character.
• Single player and pass-and-play multiplayer gameplay mode.
Like its physical counterpart, the virtual card game can be played solo, or cooperatively with up to four other players, though the Google Play page stipulates that multiplayer is enabled via pass-and-play, so no online multiplayer for now. Pathfinders Adventures is available for free from Google Play, and also contains optional IAPs as well. You can check out some of the gameplay in action with the video below.