Rovio, makers of all things avian and angry, have released a new game into the Angry Birds franchise called Angry Birds Action! The game is currently being rolled out softly in a few select regions, so I haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet. That being said, the game fits the mold of prior releases, where players will pull back on Red, and then let him loose to bounce around a variety of outdoor structures (sound familiar yet?), to see what can be taken down.
The difference with this one is that it isn't viewed from the side, but from the top. In short, this one plays a lot like one would play pinball. Barrels and fences now operate much like bumpers do in a pinball machine. The story for this game is simple. Red partied a bit too hard the night before, and awoke to see that Bird Island is now in shambles. To make matters worse, everyone thinks that he is to blame. So, players will assume the role of one angry Red, seeking to prove his innocence by... destroying more stuff to find evidence that Red hadn't destroyed other stuff the night before.
Angry Birds Action! Features:
– Pinball meets anger: Pull back and send Red and co. careening into obstacles to save the eggs and collect valuable items.
– Play as the heroic trio: Red, Chuck, and Bomb! Oh yeah, and Terence.
– Blast obstacles to pieces with Red, speed through challenges with Chuck, or blow stuff up with Bomb. And then there’s Terence. He just destroys everything.
– Saving the day, one level at a time: Rescue eggs from their precarious perches and pick up precious items, and protect the hatchlings in 90 unique and brain-teasing levels.
– Team up with friends: Find treasure maps and work together with friends & other players on special challenges for awesome rewards.
– Rebuild the Bird Village and power-up: Unlock buildings in the village to create new power-ups. Steady your aim with the aimline extender, go invisible with the ghost bird power-up, and more!
Angry Birds Action! is on Google Play, but it isn't available everywhere yet. If other Angry Bird games are any indicator, it'll be free with optional IAPs included.