Today, in partnership with Sprint, Samsung announced the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. The Tab 2 10.1 will be rocking similar specifications as the global HSPA+ version, but ship with LTE support and a faster processor. The tablet also joins the ever-growing list of new devices that have been announced with no pricing or availability.
Outside of the 10.1-inch WXGA PLS TFT 1280 x 800 display, the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 sports a 1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm MSM8960 chipset, along with 1GB RAM, 3 megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash, VGA front-facing camera, 7,000 mAh battery, and the expected WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, and more. Unlike the HSPA+ version of the tablet, Sprint’s variant will only have 8GB of internal storage but support up to 64GB via a microSD card.
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is a solid tablet, but without solid information on pricing or availability, consumers will still be shopping and waiting around. To make matters a little more tricky, the rumor of a 10 inch, Samsung-made Nexus tablet with a very high-resolution display may be enough to keep potential Tab 2 10.1 customers’ wallets closed. That said, a 10 inch Nexus tablet doesn’t make the Tab 2 10.1 a bad choice, but just might make the customer’s choice a bit harder – depending on when said tablets are actually released.
You can find a fact sheet on the tablet below.
Anyone looking forward to the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1?
Samsung Galaxy Tab® 2 10.1 Sleek 4G LTE tablet maximizes entertainment and productivity
· Personal and business email, as well as IM through Google Talk™
· Google Mobile™ wireless services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ for Android, Google Calendar™, Voice Actions and YouTube™
· 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously
· Face Unlock uses state-of-the-art facial recognition technology to allow the user switch on the phone and look at it to get past the lock screen – no passwords to remember, nothing to type or swipe
· AllShare® Group Cast lets the user share a presentation or photo album in real time with multiple friends on the same Wi-Fi® network
· Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
· Dual cameras: 3-megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash and video capture and a VGA front-facing camera
· Google Play™ with more than 600,000 apps, millions of songs and books and thousands of movies
· Samsung Media Hub, a full library of video and literary content powered by some of the biggest names in entertainment
· IR Blaster emulating an infrared remote control
· Samsung’s exclusive AllShare service to wirelessly share stored music, pictures and user-generated content to other DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) certified® home
· AllShare Play allows users to wirelessly connect to their PC, tablet or television to immediately share files, stream music, user-generated videos, photos and other DRM-free content to AllShare-enabled devices using Wi-Fi
· 3.5mm stereo headset jack
· Bluetooth® 4.0
· Dimensions: 10.1 inches x 6.9 inches x 0.38 inches
· Weight: 1.29 pounds
· Display: 10.1-inch WXGA PLS TFT 1280 x 800 display
· Battery: 7,000mAh Lithium-Ion battery
· Memory: 1GB RAM, 8GB ROM and microSD™ card slot supporting up to 64GB memory card