While this is not normal, but many times phones catch fire because of overheating. In a recent incedent, one Reddit user posted a new story that his Samsung Galaxy S5 caught fire while he was away for groceries.
Well, Earlier today I decided to take a quick run to the store for some groceries. Not planning on being out long I left my Galaxy S5 on my desk while I ran some errands. To my suprise when I came house smelled of electrical fire and my phone was sitting peacefully on my desk smoking. I poured a glass of water on the phone and then begain to observe it to see what happened. Here is the aftermath
Now lucky me the phone is over a year old and did not have a warrenty on it so it appears that im shit out of luck and still owe around $400 on this HOT phone.
Here are the photos Jjhend’s Galaxy S5 after it caught fire.