The Samsung Galaxy S6 and the Galaxy S6 Edge were supposed to be the handsets that would turn the tide in Samsung’s favor. Although initial reports seemed to have suggested a very positive response for the Galaxy flagships, it is now being revealed that the company only sold 6 million units of the two handsets in April, which is when the device was available for purchase.
Bear in mind that this report stems from an analyst, so we can’t tell anything with certainty as of yet. The analyst suggests that only 60% of the produce has shipped out of the Samsung factories while the remaining 40% have remained as inventory, which is not a positive sign, especially for a newly launched device.
Analyst for Counterpoint, Tom Kang said – “Considering that fewer countries were in the initial product release, it has had a slower roll-out and lower marketing budget than the Galaxy S5, the Galaxy S6 series can be considered to be performing better than the Galaxy S5.”
We’re taking this report with a pinch of salt, so we suggest you take it with a grain of salt for now.