A Utah woman informs that her husband’s galaxy s3 suddenly exploded while charging and claims that Samsung won’t take responsibility for this incident and pay for the damaged caused.
The woman named Briggs say “It blew up like a bomb”
The galaxy s3 exploded while charging overnight when kept beside the bed. It caused such a blast that she taught a bomb had been detonated. There were flames that melted some part of the fabric it came contact with and also damaged the wooden floor.
She had been battling the with Samsung since then and after 5 month came the reply from Samsung that they won’t be paying for any damaged caused by the phone. Briggs points out that the fault lies with Samsung for making a defective device and putting the lives of consumers at risk. She also points out that the charger and the cable used was the one that came with the phone and the battery was Samsung made.
On its part, Samsung has informed that they would like to inspect the device before proceeding further with the damage claims. After several suggestions from the lawyer, Briggs decided not to forward the damaged device to Samsung as it was her only evidence of the accident.
Now Briggs is frustrated as Samsung would not step forward and pay for the damages caused by the exploded galaxy s3.
I would refrain myself from taking anybody’s side as this is one of the rare case where the fault could lie with anybody and nothing has been proven yet. It is always advisable to use the original accessories that came with the handset and not to use cheap third party cables or charger. Also keep the phone as far as possible while you are sleeping. Do not forget to unplug the charging cable if you ever get a phone call while the phone is recharging.
Keep watching this space for this developing story.