The iPhone 6/6Plus have been on store shelves for over a month, and the major players are getting around to updating their apps. You don’t get much bigger than the apps updated for iPhone 6/Plus recently, and they’re all of the social variety. Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Instagram, Youtube, And Yelp were all updated for the iPhone 6/Plus in the span of a week. If you used the previous versions on a new iPhone 6/Plus, then you know that they get the job done, but are still distracting in the lack of expected retina quality.
What’s New in Version 16.0
Thanks for using Facebook! To make our app better for you, we bring updates to the App Store every 2 weeks. If you have iOS7 or up, you can update the app automatically (without checking back here) by going to Settings > iTunes & App Store > Automatic Downloads and turning on Updates.
Every update of our Facebook app includes improvements for speed and reliability. As other new features become available, we’ll highlight those for you in the app.
What’s New in Version 5.6
– Native resolution support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+
– Presence indicators are now displayed in the “recent” list
– Number of contacts and time zones are now shown on contact profiles
– Individual conversations can be marked as read/unread
– Notification sounds are disabled in “Do not disturb” mode
– General Improvements
What’s New in Version 2.13
Now updated for iPhone 6. Includes bug fixes to:
– Prevent the status bar from overlapping the UI
– Address keyboard orientation issues
– Make scrubbing more responsive
– Show all playlists when adding videos
What’s New in Version 8.7.0
• For you early adopters with the new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus, it’s time to get pumped. The Yelp app is now optimized for your fancy new phones.
• You’re going to love our new Directions button which tells you just how long it’ll take to walk or drive to the business.