Have you ever heard the phrase "you can't take it with you?". Well, Skulduggery is a game that is based on the idea that, well, yes you can. Players assume the role of a skull (hence the name), whose job it is to go about collecting back taxes from deceased deadbeats; only, here's the catch: It's not on behalf of the living that it's being collecting, but the dead.... the INFERNAL Revenue Service.
To be more specific (and quote the devs on the Google Play page for the game), players aren't just any skull, but "a Semi-Organic Autonomous Skull", where players use the brain inside of said skull to help slingshot itself around the board (much like flinging a rubber band), to plow into deadbeat skeletons and collecting what they owe. Players are able to jump in mid-air, change directions, and slow down time, in order to be the best cranial wrecking ball possible.
Skullduggery Gameplay Features:
- BRAIN POWER: Pull back ANYWHERE on the screen to stretch out your brain! Let go to snap your skull forward like a brainy rubber band. - BULLET TIME: Touch and hold in mid-air to slow down time, change directions, avoid deadly obstacles, and pull off crazy trick shots! - GRAVITATIONAL TRUANCY: Repeatedly jump by aiming again while your skull is mid-flight. - STEALTHINESS: Being small has advantages! Hide in trash cans, chests, and jars. Slip behind surly guards and take them out while their backs are turned! - HEADSHOTS: Take out enemies with a single well-placed fling to the cranium. - HEAD TO HEAD: Play ‘head to head’ against your friends to become the afterlife’s most successful agent. - BUREAUCRACY: Fill out paperwork and reflect on the inherent emptiness of existence!
- A finely-tuned and deeply-satisfying one-touch control scheme specifically tailored to mobile.
- Four distinctly unique and atmospheric worlds with more on the way.
- Dreadful puns.
- Single Player mode with 32 surreal and pleasantly spooky levels.
- Multiplayer “Head to Head” mode with a variety of brain-pounding arenas.
- Hidden rooms and secret chests containing treasure and other delights.
- Pleasing power-ups and epic boss battles!
- Dozens of collectables and secondary objectives for maximum replayability.
- Over 20 unique skulls to unlock, including guest celebrity skulls from some of our favorite games.
- Compete with Google Play Achievements and Leaderboards.
- Paperwork, paperwork, paperwork!
This game features the art styles of Bill Mudron, and were inspired by the 1930s animations of Max Fleischer, and a soundtrack that's "quirky, doom-jazzy, bureau-noir" by Michael Arthur Holloway.For those of you interested, Skullduggery is available for free and contains optional IAPs as well. You can see the game in action in the video below as well.