If you are bothered by the auto answer feature of your Samsung Galaxy S4 because it keeps on cutting your ongoing conversation whenever a new caller comes in, there is a very easy way to solve it.
According to the T-Mobile forum, just follow the steps below if you are using a headset:
1. From the Home screen of your device go to the Phone app.
2. Then, tap Menu and tap Call Settings.
3. Next, go to Call Accessories.
4. After that, uncheck the box at the Automatic Answering option.
5. Lastly, save the changes and exit the menu.
If the problem persists, try to turn off the motion and gestures feature by performing the following steps provided by a contributor in GalaxyS4Forums:
1. Access the Settings menu.
2. Go to My Device.
3. Select the Motion and Gestures option.
4. Turn off the choice that is related to answering calls by moving the slider.
5. Save the changes you made and exit the menu.
If still you are having problems, follow these steps provided by the last source:
1. Go to the Settings menu.
2. Proceed to My Device.
3. Select the Long Press Call and adjust the settings accordingly.
4. Save the changes and exit.
One Samsung Galaxy S4 user in the forum found out that the problem lies in the Smart S View cover of his phone. He experimented by putting it on and off. Apparently, the problem does not appear when the cover is removed. So, you might want to remove the smart cover of your phone if all the solutions above do not work.
For Questions and Suggestions
We hope that one of the solutions worked for you. For more questions, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Users who have something to contribute on the subject can also share their views and suggestions on the comment boxes below.