When I read that story about the Australian man’s whose iPhone spontaneously combusted on a flight, I chuckled a bit (at the iPhone, not the man). Who knew that a few days later a similar story regarding the Galaxy S II Skyrocket would turn up?
While this incident doesn’t seem nearly as bad as what happened with the iPhone, it’s still a bit troubling. The guy said he heard a sound, then felt a burning sensation and smelled burnt plastic as he took the phone out of his pocket.
It’s hardly your James Bond self destruction story (we imagine those are over exaggerated anyway). Still, you’d be hard-pressed to find someone like me who would stick with the same model in the future. Then again, we’re not even sure that this story’s legit. Your call. [BGR]