10. Raiden Legacy Where would the Shoot em’ up genre be now without old school classics like Raiden? Who knows. But it doesn’t really matter, all that matters is that Raiden helped pave the way for many other games to come. Renowned development studio DotEmu brings 4 Raiden classics to android in an all-in-one pack appropriately named Raiden Legacy. You may have beaten Raiden in days past, but have you beaten Raiden Fighters, Raiden Fighters 2, and Raiden Fighters Jet as well? Oh… you have.. well now you can beat them again on Android!! Thanks DotEmu!!
9. R-Type Another retro shoot em up classic brought back to life, by none other than DotEmu. They really love classic games. And why shouldn’t they? Especially R-Type. This shoot em’ up won over the hearts of many during its original 80′s console release, and its back to help you remember the good old days. Its just the way you remember it, and its just as challenging. Do you have what it takes?
8. Sector Strike This SHUMP game from Clapfoot Inc. plays in the style of old school sidescrolling shoot em ups, but it has awesome HD graphics and plenty of artillery(you’d expect nothing less from a game like this right?) to help you blaze through level after level of enemies who stand in your way. It has an addictive power up system, and you can upgrade your ship with over 20 different abilities to blast your foes to hell. You can even call for reinforcements to help you out. You can customize your ship with different skins to stand out from the crowd, and it has an awesome cloud backup system so you can save and play on multiple devices. Best of all this SHUMP is free to play.
7. Xelorians Xelorians is one of the best SHUMP games around for under a $1. It is highly detailed with awesome graphics and is plays in the style of retro top down shoot em’ ups from older console days. It has four episodes that are made up of 18 incredibly dynamic stages plus a bonus stage, and has 48 different types of enemies to blow out of the sky. There are 5 difficulty modes in case you get bored, 12 unique types of strong weapons, and it even has bullet time to give you that extra edge in impossible moments. This is one SHUMP you don’t want to miss.
6. Shogun: Bullet Hell Shooter Shogun pays homage to the crazy insane hard bullet hell shooters of the past. Its designed to be easy enough to get you hooked but difficult enough to plague your dreams and turn them into nightmares. It has a great touch based interface with easy to learn controls, and eye catching HD graphics. If you want a great bullet hell shooter to play on Android Shogun is definitely one to give a shot. You can even try out the demo for free first to test out compatibility and see if you like the game before you buy the paid version.
5. Beat Hazard Ultra Beat Hazard ultra takes the SHUMP genre entirely to another dimension. Plug in your headphones, open up Beat Hazard Ultra and let the pulse pounding music pump your heart out of your chest as you play this bullet hell shooter that is as unique as it is insanely awesome. It has unique music driven gameplay that creates levels based off of your music library, and the visuals are not only stunning but they pulse to the beat of the music. Its a completely surreal experience for this type of game. You can even play to internet radio stations. Rank up and see if you can unlock all 23 perks. Beat Hazard Ultra is like nothing you’ve ever played in the SHUMP genre before, and right now its 80% off!
4. Dodonpachi Resurrection This popular danmaku sequel is the official port of an amazing bullet hell classic. It even comes with classic arcade mode if you yearn for a classic play style. Should you want to experience this game the way it was meant to be on smartphones however, you can play Dodonpachi Resurrection in smartphone mode. It was tailored specifically for touchscreens and the smartphone format so you could experience all the same great action in a new way. It has three unique ships, three difficulties, three screen settings and four button layouts so yo can play how you want. If you’re a beginner in SHUMP games, you may want to test yourself in Dodonpachi’s practice mode where you can hone your skills. The games price is a tad steep, but its awesome and worth it.
3. Towelfight 2: The Monocle Of Destiny What more can we say about Towelfight 2 except let it bathe you in a shower of awesome. Forget eating dinner tonight, Towelfight 2 will be your meat and potatoes diet for the next few days, and you may also want to call into work Monday cause you’re not gonna want to put this game down. Its a bit different than the rest of the SHUMPS in this list, but its hard to ignore the fast paced shooting action of a sophisticated old man with a monocle who is blasting animals from his face. Break away from the norm with TowelFight 2: The monocle of destiny and let Hardik take you on a journey you won’t soon forget. Get crazy with 43 different weapons which you can further empower with 86 off the wall augmentations that will have your sides splitting. This awesome little game comes from our friends over at Butterscotch Shenanigans, which is a two person game studio created by brothers Sam and Seth Coster. Towelfight 2 is now free(previously it cost some amount of money but that’s irrelevant now cause the Coster Brothers are awesome and they love their fans) so throw out your socks, put on your monocles and play this game till you forget what day it is.
2. Ikaruga Ikaruga is the Xbox live arcade smash hit SHUMP. Its bathed in beautiful stunning graphics and backed by a great little storyline. Once you get past the eye popping visual effects, the gorgeous organized chaos takes over and floods your senses with awe and excitement. Ikaruga is brought to Android by G-Gee who must have a soft spot for bullet hell shooters like this one because they also brought over DoDonpachi Resurrection. Ikaruga is pricy at $9, but its a full on console arcade game that promises not to disappoint.
1. Sine Mora Sine Mora is one of the definitive SHUMP games from this generation, and has won over genre fans on multiple other platforms(PC, PS3, XBLA, PSP, and iOS) only to finally make its way to Android to display its superiority above all other Shoot em’ ups. You’ll want to keep coming back for the stellar HD graphics alone, but it would be a shame not to notice all the other things Sine Mora has going for it. A compelling story mode promises to win over your imagination, while over 50 weapon combinations and scaling difficulties tug at your need for power and complexity. There are 7 stages of this masterpiece and you can experience all of the fun of Sine Mora now on sale as part of the Black Friday deals on Google Play. You can grab Sine Mora for the sale price of $2.99