As the years go on with your iPhone 5S, battery issues start to arise. That’s common as most of the batteries aren’t made to last forever. If you aren’t getting much juice out of your current iPhone 5S battery, you might want to replace it. Replacing the battery on your iPhone should increase your standby and usage time.
While the official specifications say that the battery on the iPhone 5S isn’t removable, there’s always a way for nerds like us to get that thing out of the phone. The post below teaches how you can replace battery on your iPhone to get it lasting how it used to.
I. Before You Begin
1. You’ll need:
A suction cup, a pry tool, and screwdrivers (which you can purchase here).
Replacement battery (which you can purchase here).
II. Replacing the Battery on the iPhone 5S
1. Put the suction cup close to the home button.
2. Remove two screws located around the charging port on the iPhone 5S.
3. Use the pry tool to lift up the cover on the iPhone. Make sure you do it gently, or you’ll damage it.
4. Unlatch the little fingerprint sensor and it should let you remove the cover.
5. Remove four screws located in the top-right part inside the phone.
6. Remove three cables to make the screen of the iPhone free from the other parts of the phone.
7. The screen should now be free from the phone.
8. Remove two screws that are holding the battery on the phone.
9. Lift the battery latch up.
10. Use the pry tool to get the battery off of the phone.
11. Put in the new battery that you just purchased in its place on the phone.
12. Put the two screws that hold the battery back in.
13. Snap-in the three cables located in the top-right corner to fit the screen on the phone.
14. Put the bracket back on its place and fit in the screws to lock it in.
15. Set the fingerprint reader cable at its place.
16. Put the little bracket back on its place.
17. Gently press the screen to fit in the phone. Press the edges and it should go in smoothly.
18. Get the bottom two screws fitted in.
19. Turn on your phone.
20. You’re done!
And that’s all there is to removing the “unremovable” battery on the iPhone 5S.
Since you just replaced your older battery with a new one, you can expect your phone to last a bit longer to help you send more emails and maybe hit a high score in Angry Birds (or whatever game is popular now…)