Yak Dash, the racing game that we previously covered here has now been released on Android. For the uninitiated (or those who straight-up want the tl;dr), Yak Dash is a 2D side-scrollingr racing game, where players race Yaks up and down mountains and other terrains, in an effort to not finish dead last.
Since you want to win races, you not only have to be fast but also able to find shortcuts and you have to do it with some flair, which is actually a thing in this game. The flair can be accomplished by doing some well-timed front flips when jumping over gaps or smashing through rocks that are in your way. Doing this nets you a little style as well as a speed boost which you will need to take advantage of.
Yak Dash Features:
- Race your way through grassland, icy tundra, dangerous desert and perilous volcanic terrain.
- Beat mountain flagbearers to gain medals and unlock progressively more challenging routes.
- Challenge the world to climb the global leaderboards.
- Collect apples to help you dash your way through hazards.
- Earn yak coins to customise your yak and rider, and make them stand out from the herd.
- Flip your way to glory - perform crazy back and front flips for extra speed boosts.
Racing can be done offline vs the AI, or online for multiplayer fun. Yaks, as well as your rider, can also be customized, and it contains a total of 17 levels. The only major change from our previous coverage to the game's release now is that the game is now being offered for free, with IAPs and not the $1.99 we originally reported.