Update HTC Sensation to Unofficial CM 10.1 custom ROM based on Android 4.2Android Geeks | Dec 12thLikes 1Comment 2585825
The HTC Sensation smartphone has been launched from some time and now you can learn how to successfully flash this new custom CM10.1 ROM. It is an unofficial CM custom ROM but it based on CM10.1 and Android 4.2.1. Read the entire post and you should be able to flash the update in no time.
This custom ROM comes with almost all the Android 4.2 features as the PhotoSpere camera, lockscreen widgest, Swype-like keyboard, 360 degrees panorama, Daydream screensaver and many other CM 10.1 features. At the moment, the camera, bluetooth and audio functions aren’t working and that’s why this update should be used as an experimental build.
In order to correctly install this update on your HTC Sensation phone, read the guidelines below:
- This is a tutorial that works only with the HTC Sensation device and you shouldn’t attempt to install the ROM on any other model.
- Use this ROM that is based on CM 10.1 and Android 4.2 only if you wish to test the new features. This is an experimental release and it is not an official CM 10.1 ROM. It means that some bugs are present in it and not all smartphone functions will work.
- Create a full NANDROID backup of the currently installed ROM. This file will be very useful in case you cannot boot the device after the installation.
- The HTC Sensation you’re about to update should be on an unlocked bootloader. It needs to be rooted and running a CWM Recovery image.
- Create backups of the most important files ( this is required in case you intend to keep the new custom ROM).
- Enable USB debugging from the phone’s development menu.
- This is a guide for advanced users and you shouldn’t attempt to flash it in case you’re a novice.
- Apply all the instructions that are listed in this article and make sure that you don’t skip any of the steps listed here.
These were all the guidelines you had to read and now you should move to the next part of this post. Learn how to successfully flash a new custom ROM based on Google’s and CyanogenMod team’s latest AOSP OS.
How to update HTC Sensation with CM 10.1 Android 4.2 Experimental ROM:
- Download the ROM zip from HERE. Save file on your PC desktop and don’t extract its contents.
- Download the Gapps zip for Jelly Bean from HERE. Save the file on your PC desktop screen. This is the zip that contains all Google-based apps that your phone needs in order to work correctly.
- Connect your HTC Sensation to your computer using the USB cable.
- Copy the zip files downloaded at the steps above. Place them on the internal SD card. Disconnect the phone from PC when the transfer is complete. Remember that you don’t have to extract the contents of the zip files.
- Power off your smartphone.
- Boot it into CWM Recovery mode by pressing at the same time the ‘volume down’ and ‘power’ buttons. The HBOOT menu appears and now you need to select the ‘RECOVERY’ option. Confirm.
- When you’re at the main CWM recovery menu you need to select ‘wipe data/ factory reset’ option first. Confirm this process and then move to the next step.
- Select ‘install zip from sdcard’. Next, select ‘choose zip from sdcard’. Find the ‘cm10′ zip ROM file and confirm that you want to install it.
- When the new ROM is flashed you should select once again ‘choose zip from sdcard’ and then flash the Gapps zip. Confirm.
- Return to the main CWM recovery screen. Select ‘reboot system now’ and wait until your device finished the first boot process with its new ROM. This shouldn’t take more than 6 minutes.
- When the HTC Sensation boots into normal Android 4.2 CM 10.1 home screen it means that the install was successful.
- Test this new installation and tell us in comments if you have any problems or you find any major bugs while using it.
In case you don’t like this new unofficial CM10.1 Android 4.2 custom ROM, then you can use the ROM backup file created before installing it, and restore your device to the previous OS. Use CWM Recovery or any other tool you’re familiar with when you’re dealing with ROM backup processes.
Note that this new ROM still has some errors, which is why you shouldn’t use it on your main device.
HTC Sensation 4G Updates, News & Rumors